New Temporary Staff
Getting to know WWU
- If you are relocating from out of the area, you can find resources here
- Parking on campus and Alternative transportation options.
- Campus Maps
- HR contacts
- Dining on campus options
Help for your first day
What comes next
- WWU Policies
- Steps for continued success
For additional information about job-specific topics such as payroll, leave, or benefits, see our HR Services page.
Before you start
- Completing your I-9 is required before we can set up your Western accounts and before you can work. If you are able to do this 10 days before your start date, it will make it easier for us to have you ready to go on day 1. Stop by HR (Humanities Room 203) during our office hours (Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm) to complete your I-9 in person or email HR@wwu.edu to schedule an appointment to complete your I-9 remotely.
- All employees must comply with our Immunization policies, including COVID vaccination by time of hire and Proof of Rubeola Measles Immunity within 60-days of hire. Please reach out to HR@wwu.edu if you need information regarding medical or religious exemption and applicable accommodations.
- Payroll/direct deposit information
- Access your new hire paperwork here
- If you are eligible for benefits, you will be contacted by Human Resources. Benefits eligibility for temporary employees.
On your first day
- Watch Welcome Videos
During your first weeks
- Mandatory Prevention Training (look for emailed instructions)
Within your first 6 months
- If your role is Supervisory, you must complete the mandatory Leadership Academy training series