Organizational and Talent Development
We believe that great work and a great work environment go together. A workplace with a culture of trust and mutual learning hits the sweet spot we seek here at Western.
We see Organizational Development and Professional Development as mutually reinforcing disciplines that support this overarching talent management goal.
A practice to help organizations build the capacity to change and achieve greater effectiveness, typically engaging employees through grass roots involvement.
A practice and process of developing individual skills, individual leaders, and teams in order to both improve the quality of work as well as the quality of life at work.
The process of supporting new, transferred, and promoted employees by providing them with the resources and contacts they need to be successful in their current and future roles.
What are you looking for?
- Organizational Design: Do you need to assess your current organizational and reporting structures?
- Change Management: Is your unit facing, or even leading, significant change?
- Succession Management: Are you in the midst of a leadership transition at your workplace, or are you facing other succession (employee or leadership turnover) challenges?
- Professional Growth: Are you seeking to pursue your own professional development?
- Operational Skills: Are you or your team seeking to improve certain technical and functional skills?
- Leadership Development: Are you a leader seeking to take it to the next level?
- Situational Challenges: Are you an experienced leader or other team member facing novel challenges?
- Team Building: Are you responsible for the form and functioning of a diverse team or unit and want resources on team development?
- Conflict Management: Do you or your team need help with communication, conflict and interpersonal skills?
If you answered in the affirmative to any of these questions, then you’ve come to the right place. The HR Talent Development program is here to be a resource for your development and learning needs.
Asst. Director, Organizational and Talent Development
- Organizational Development Projects and Change Management
- Conflict Management Support, Cooperative Problem Solving
- Capacity Building, Internal Consulting
- Coaching, Facilitating, Mediating
- Professional Training (programming, supervising, coordinating)
Onboarding and Learning Technologist
- Onboarding New Employees and Transfer/Promotions
- New Employee Orientation
- New Employee Networking Events
- Employee Learning Technologies & E-Learning
- Professional Development Training
- Train the Trainer / Training Design and Roll Out